Hair dye ingestion is a rare cause of toxicity in Pakistan. We are presenting the case report of a 55 year old male who presented with accidental hair dye ingestion and developed laryngeal oedema requiring emergent tracheostomy. He had also developed aspiration pneumonitis and chemical oesophagitis. However, the most alarming manifestation was rhabdomyolysis. Hair dye toxicity can be fatal if not recognized early. There is no antidote available. Rhabdomyolysis is a complication and needs to be managed aggressively in order to prevent long term morbidity.
Publication ( Name of Journal)
JPMA. The Journal of the Pakistan Medical Association
(2015). Hair dye poisoning and rhabdomyolysis.. JPMA. The Journal of the Pakistan Medical Association, 65(4), 425-426.
Available at: https://ecommons.aku.edu/pakistan_fhs_mc_med_med/551
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.