Atlas of diagnostic and predictive histopathology
Download Full Text
The second edition of this atlas covers the histopathology of all organ systems, supporting trainees and residents in the histopathological diagnosis of a wide range of inflammatory, neoplastic, degenerative, developmental and metabolic disorders. Though organ-specific books and atlases are increasingly available, there is a growing demand for a comprehensive guide to the histopathological diagnosis of each organ system, enabling histopathology trainees/residents and general pathologists to make reliable provisional or final diagnoses in routine practice. Each chapter covers a specific organ system and provides a better understanding of the microscopic pathology of common diseases and cancers, their interpretation, clinical presentation, epidemiology and demographics. The book also includes a chapter on ‘Predictive Pathology’ to help pathologists and other medical and healthcare professionals understand histopathology and report on it in keeping with standard international guidelines for individualized patient management.
Intended as a concise and handy guide, this book offers a ready reference for trainees in histopathology, surgical pathology, anatomic pathology and cellular pathology, as well as practicing pathologists. It can also serve as a useful resource for biologists, biomedical scientists and physicians in general. The book features over 2200 illustrations with microscopic descriptions and interpretations. Besides H&E, special stains, IHC, FISH and radiology are included.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Basic Pathology
- Chapter 2: Histopathology of Bone and Soft Tissue
- Chapter 3: Histopathology of Breast
- Chapter 4: Histopathology of Cardiovascular System
- Chapter 5: Histopathology of Endocrine System
- Chapter 6: Histopathology of Female Genital Tract
- Chapter 7: Histopathology of the Gastrointestinal Tract
- Chapter 8: Histopathology of Head and Neck
- Chapter 9: Histopathology of Haematolymphoid
- Chapter 10: Histopathology of the Liver, Gall Bladder and Pancreas
- Chapter 13: Predictive Pathology
- Chapter 14: Histopathology of Urinary System
- Chapter 15: Histopathology of Respiratory System and Mediastinum
- Chapter 16: Histopathology of the Skin
(2020). Atlas of diagnostic and predictive histopathology, p. 517.
Available at: https://ecommons.aku.edu/books/75