Download Full Text (1.4 MB)
This paper describes the reaction to the COVID-19 outbreak on social media in Iran, Syria and Pakistan. In particular, we focus on issues of the place of religion in society, on international relations and on trust between society and government, where these issues have been invoked in the discussion of the epidemic. We conclude with timelines for the early phases of the epidemic in the three countries.
Table of Contents
- Responses to the COVID-19 Pandemic in Syria, Iran and Pakistan
- Timeline of COVID-19 in Pakistan
- Timeline of COVID-19 in Syria
- Timeline of COVID-19 in Iran
- Graph showing the spread of COVID-19 infection vs. time in Iran, Pakistan and Syria
Aga Khan University-ISMC, London, 2020
Abdou Filali-Ansary Occasional Paper Series
COVID-19, Pandemic, Iran, Pakistan, Syria, Social Media
Ghadyani, Maryam; Hussain, Hinna; Odeh, Wael; and Wood, Philip, "Responses to the COVID-19 Pandemic in Syria, Iran and Pakistan" (2020). Abdou Filali-Ansary Occasional Paper Series. Book 2.