Emergency Medicine; Centre for Innovation in Medical Education
Children are prone to ingest substances due to their exploratory nature and tendency to put everything in the mouth. Commonly ingested foreign bodies are coins, batteries and buttons. Foreign body ingestion in neonates is a very rare presentation and always needs important consideration as it can be a part of child abuse and can lead to serious life threatening consequences
Publication ( Name of Journal)
Journal of Pakistan Medical Association
Kazi, S. I.,
Khan, I. Q.,
(2015). Nail as a foreign body in a neonate, an unusual presentation at an unusual age. Journal of Pakistan Medical Association, 65(3), 315-316.
Available at: https://ecommons.aku.edu/pakistan_fhs_mc_emerg_med/135
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.